We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Representation (more commonly known as a “Grant of Probate”) on your behalf.
We will charge you a fixed fee of £795, plus VAT, for obtaining the Grant in the estate only.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced member of our team to work on your case. Our team is made up of Clive Burrell, Chris Kelly, Jane McIlroy and Jenna James.
- Identify the legally appointed Executors or Administrators and beneficiaries.
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require.
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms.
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear.
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf.
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you.
Disbursements will include, but not exhaustively:
- Probate application fee (£157.50 plus 50p for each copy of the Grant)
- Swearing of the oath fee (£5 – £7 per executor)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
We will obtain the Grant only
This fixed fee is on the basis that following criteria apply:
- The estate is not taxable and the net value is below the nil rate band allowance.
- You supply us with a comprehensive schedule of the assets and liabilities in the estate.
- You supply us with photocopies of letters/valuations accurately evidencing the values shown on the schedule of assets and liabilities. These must be accurate and in the case of bank balances must confirm both the capital balance as at the date of death together with interest accrued but not credited.
- You supply us with an original death certificate and the original of any Will/Codicils.
If the above is not supplied in comprehensive form, we reserve the right to advise you as to an increase of our fee (we will discuss this with you before doing so).
How long will this take?
Typically, obtaining the Grant of Probate on a fixed fee basis takes around 4-6 weeks following receipt of all of the required information.
Book an appointment today
To book an appointment to instruct Leonard Gray, or to arrange an initial free telephone consultation, call Lisa Bennett on 01245 504904 or book online.