Our Will Solicitors have a proven track record for clear and practical Will preparation to suit all circumstances, without compromising on the detail.
Making a Will is something that people tend to put off for all sorts of reasons. Leonard Gray appreciate that it may often be a difficult subject but it is the only way to ensure that your wishes are best looked after.
As experienced Will Solicitors, we have seen many cases where an individual may have passed away and has either made a Will which is not entirely suitable or has not made a Will at all. These circumstances become very difficult to deal with for a family, especially in times of grief.
Many reasons contribute to an unsuitable Will. A few examples are complex family arrangements, previous marriages, business interests, potential inheritance tax liabilities and foreign assets.
Our standard Will fees
- A single Will is £245 plus VAT
- Mirror Wills (normally for a husband and wife reflecting each other’s provisions) is £395 plus VAT.
At Leonard Gray Solicitors we prepare a Will for you (and your partner if appropriate) which gives you the peace of mind that your money will go to the right people, whether that is your partner, your family, a favourite charity or anyone else you decide.
Here are some of the key benefits from making a Will:
- Take control over what happens when you die
- You choose who inherits your estate and when
- Ensure you have control over what happens to business assets if you are a business owner
- Express your wishes regarding your funeral
- You choose executors who will carry out your wishes
- Appoint legal guardians for your children
- Prevent your assets paying for care home fees
- Minimise inheritance tax payable on your death
- Choose to give money to a charity or other cause outside of your family
- Decide what age minors (under 18) will inherit
Book an appointment today with one of our Will Solicitors
To book an appointment to instruct Leonard Gray, or to arrange an initial free telephone consultation, call Michelle Bright on 01245 504904 or book online.
Leonard Gray is an accredited member of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS). This shows that we follow best practice procedures to meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service in providing tailored wills and probate advice to our clients.
Our offices & opening times
If you are coming to our office in Chelmsford, car parking is available at the rear of our building and wheelchair access can be easily arranged. We are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm. Out of hours appointments are available by arrangement. Our solicitors are also happy to visit you at home or in hospital when necessary.
Preparing for your appointment
Before we meet with you, please take some time to consider who you would like to act as the Executors of your estate (the people who will administer your Will) and the beneficiaries, including the assets you wish them to receive. Please bring their name and address details with you.