Simply click on the + sign to read a brief description of our service.
Examples of our work and success:
- Retail: Disposals and purchases of retail businesses as going concerns involving the sale of goodwill and leasehold premises.
- Terms & Conditions: The preparation of standard terms and conditions of trade for various businesses spanning across a number of different economic sectors.
- Charities & Not for Profit: The preparation of constitutional documents for charities/charitable organisations.
- Business Sale: A multi-million pound sale of a thriving construction company to a management team backed by venture capitalists, involving specialist employment law and offshore tax-planning dimensions.
- Financing: The secondary financing of a city centre commercial investment property purchase for development purposes.
- Development Option: The grant of an option to a national house builder to purchase a substantial agricultural holding for residential development purposes, including a successful subsequent sale.
- Business Formation: The formation of a company with charitable status, including the comprehensive preparation of its memorandum and articles of association.
Development site acquisition, assembly and disposal
Our Commercial team acts for a number of independent residential property developers and has considerable experience in the formalities of site acquisition and assembly. Our expertise in this area is applied towards ensuring that subsequent disposals of both sites and individual plots are made as straightforward and problem-free as possible.
Our dedicated property specialists are also well-equipped to process and manage residential plot sales in an effective and efficient manner, striving to help our developer clients realise the full value of their investments.
As with any dispute, it is typically in the parties’ best interests to avoid court/tribunal proceedings. Our team can provide helpful guidance on making sure your business’ employment contracts, policies and procedures (including in relation to IT use, disciplinary problems and staff grievances) are effective and compliant with the law. We also offer specialist guidance on redundancy planning/implementation and the preparation and completion of settlement/compromise agreements.
Sometimes, court/tribunal proceedings are unavoidable and, when such situations arise, our clients will benefit from the expertise we can offer in dealing with unfair dismissal, discrimination, redundancy and maternity/paternity claims.
We are extensively experienced with the employment tribunal system and its procedures. Our clients vary considerably, up to and including those performing senior executive roles.
We are also the only local law firm with a long established Mediation practice, and can help organisations drive down the cost of employment disputes by using mediation as an alternative to the court process.
We give prompt, decisive, practical advice to clients to ensure they are fully aware of their rights and options. Our expertise spans:
- Debt recovery
- Landlord & tenant disputes
- Building & tradesman disputes
- Employment law
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder and partnership issues
- Board of director disputes
Resolving disputes via mediation offers an alternative to the legal process
At Leonard Gray we offer two ways to resolve disputes:
1. The legal process, which may or may not involve proceedings through the Courts.
2. Mediation, a cheaper and generally faster way of resolving disputes.
For over 15 years, Leonard Gray has been achieving high rates of success mediating disputes as an alternative approach to the legal process. We have combined many years of legal expertise with intensive training in mediation skills. This blend of practical experience and legal knowledge makes lawyer mediators ideally equipped to deal with all the issues that arise.
For more information on mediation visit our dedicated website.