“I must say that it was nice to do business with you. Easygoing, efficient and exact.”
“Many thanks John – much appreciated – first class job as normal.”
“Very professional and easy to converse with.”
“First class service.”
John is a partner at Leonard Gray and the Head of our Property and Commercial departments. He has over 15 years’ qualified experience in dealing with a wide range of business and property transactions and commercial and landlord and tenant matters.
He provides a friendly and understanding service to clients and is sensitive to their individual needs, whilst being open and honest about the outcomes they can expect to achieve.
John is a member of the online Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and UK Commercial Property groups on LinkedIn, which seek, through informed debates and discussions, to raise awareness of and promote issues of current importance to the property and business communities.
John is also an accredited civil and commercial mediator, having qualified with ADR Group, one of the UK’s largest and most well known providers of mediation training. He adopts a practical and focused approach to mediation and uses the benefit of his experience in commercial transactions and both business and personal disputes to help reach a solution. He is energetic, precise but also open and approachable.
John cares deeply about child welfare and is a member of the Chelmsford NSPCC Business Group. He is also a member of Colchester Round Table, a charity that raises money for local good causes through events including its annual Christmas collection and the Colchester Carnival.
John supports the work Leonard Gray carries out closely with its charity partner, Age UK Essex. He looks after the charity’s commercial property affairs and has raised money on its behalf through events such as the annual Chelmsford Race4Business.
The work in which John specialises includes:
- Commercial property
- Landlord and tenant
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Residential development and site assembly
- Management buy-outs
- Shareholder agreements
- Option agreements
To visit John’s LinkedIn page, where you can find testimonials about his work from previous clients and more information about his professional background, please click here.
Articles written by John
- We are delighted to welcome Tiah Coles to the Commercial department at Leonard Gray
- When a Freehold Claim Goes Flat
- Guide to Buying the Freehold of Your Flat
- Guide to Buying a New Build Home
- Guide to Shareholders' Agreements
- New Energy Efficiency Rules - the Implications for Commercial Landlords
- Leonard Gray and Elwell Taylor battle it out at 8-ball
- Fundraising at Colchester Utd for NSPCC
- Men United Cup in aid of Prostate Cancer UK
- Where do you turn if you simply can’t afford the legal fees?